Saturday 29 August 2015

True Meaning Of Prosperity And Blessedness

And a scribe came up and said to him, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head." Matthew 8:19-20 (ESV)

Dear Lord Jesus you show me here that the Christian life is a life dependent on God for all my needs to live a truly blessed and prospered life. May my soul, the inner man, keep experiencing your divine peace and good health. Your life on earth is one that points me to the meaning of true prosperity, with or without material comfort which many crave for as they are swept by the current spirit of consumerism and instant but faked prosperity. May I model after your lifestyle, simple yet profound, to deter me from being succumbed to the subtle "feel good" messages that have lured countless souls bearing your name to walk the broad and easy route towards worldly gains, status and comfort. Let your wisdom, grace and mercy be richly upon me. In your lovely name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment