Saturday 15 August 2015

Heart Like Jesus, Treasures In Heaven

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21 (ESV)

Heavenly Father I pray for my heart to have all affections and desires constantly align with Christ. Let everything that is very dear to your heart and precious to you be my passion, my focus and my life goals. Create in me a genuine thirst and hunger for the salvation of souls for without which any treasure accumulated will be destroyed by moth and rust, or stolen by thieves. Holy Spirit teach me what it means to be a disciple of Christ, and reveal to me the biblical meaning of discipleship and disciple-making as i seek to obeythe Great Commission commanded in Matthew 28:18-20. I give you praise and adoration Father, and in Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment