Monday 3 August 2015

Self-control Over What I See

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28 (ESV).

Dear Heavenly Father help me to exercise self-control over what I see in the marketplace while facing all kinds of temptations and people around me. Many lustful and impure thoughts can conjure up in my mind, if leave it unguarded or fail to exercise self-discipline by not submitting to you wholeheartedly. Holy Spirit may I experience the joy of obedience to your leading, and always be mindful that I can grief you in a moment of lust and stubbornness. Every sin committed is a sin against you personally. Holy Spirit I thank you for your strength to walk with you in purity, peace power and purpose. May I truly love you with all my heart, mind, soul and strength as you you guide and bless me in this fresh new week. In Jesus' victorious name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment