Monday 24 August 2015

Doing Your Will Conscientiously And Truthfully  

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’  Matthew 7:21-23 (ESV)

Heavenly Father this solemn truth is about doing your will conscientiously, truthfully and faithfully. You despise those who give you lip service or doing good work with evil intent, even under the influence of the evil one. I am reminded that it is not what I say or do, rather it is about my motive, attitude and conscience for every good work done to glorify Christ. I desire to stay close with you so that my life shall reflect the compassion of Christ, love of God and the communion with the Holy Spirit. Father, may i walk righteously and serve faithfully letting your Word be the lamp on my feet and light unto my path. I thank you for this new day, and commit my life afresh to your loving, tender care. In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment