Saturday 4 July 2015

Purposeful Living Purposeful Death

When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30 (ESV).

Dear Heaven Father, as I solemnly ponder on this last moment my Lord and Savior was on earth, I am experiencing this inner joy hearing His triumphant declaration that everything needed to be done to save my soul and reconcile with you was completely finished. Truly no one and nothing can add to or subtract from Christ's redemptive work. However in this reflection, I hear you saying that my life can be one with clear purpose filled with your love and power, as I deny myself, take up the cross and follow Jesus. Then, my death shall be a purposeful one knowing that God's love is being experienced by many, many lives. Father, empower me to be courageous to walk the narrow way like Jesus ignoring the temptation to find meaning in this world system and the carnal pleasures it brings.. In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment