Friday 3 July 2015

In Pain, Yet Remember

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home. John 19-26-27 (ESV).

Dear Lord Jesus, humanly I would not be able to understand the excruciating pain being crucified at the wooden cross for so many hours. Yet in such deep and profound pain, you still remember people who are dearest to you. Mary's heart must have been deeply touched by the practical love you have shown towards her. Lord, teach me to be other-centered even when in discomfort condition, either physically or mentally. May I not turn into self-pity or feel worthless in such situation, but to look to you for strength and grace to overcome this difficult patch. Also, i need to be thankful that my loved ones and dear friends are also walking with me and giving me support in many meaningful ways. Lord, this is my prayer and in your mighty name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment