Sunday 28 June 2015

Living Out God's Love In The Community

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. James 1:27 (ESV).

Dear Lord Jesus, this scripture reminds me that you spend most of the time walking on the streets and travelling from one province to another to bring God's love to the marginalised in the community. Lord, may i not remain in the comfort zone in my air-con church building enjoying the nice music, wonderful songs and great preaching Sunday of Sunday, without giving a thought to the marginalised in the community like the construction workers, domestic helpers, physically and mentally handicapped, single parents, elderly, sick, gambling and drug addicts, and many more. Indeed, Lord, I am aware that to love you with all my heart, soul and strength means to care and love for the marginalised with the gifts, talents, time, finances, and every resource given to me. Lead me to these people who need a touch of your awesome agape love. In Jesus' wonderful name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment