Wednesday 17 June 2015

Fearing God Is Who You Are

Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God. John 12; 42-43 (ESV).

Dear Lord, temptation to succumb to the fear of man in the workplace happens almost daily, particularly in relating to my boss, immediate superior or even colleagues. The reasons to fear man are never pleasing to you. I take this as a timely rebuke to correct myself for I shouldn't behave contrary to what my heart desires. Lord I submit this specific area to your lordship trusting that you will empower me in my speech and action at all times. May i experience the joy, peace and power of the Holy Spirit as I choose to fear God and not man. In Jesus' name I ask and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment