Friday 26 June 2015

Hated But Chosen

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. John 15:18-19 (ESV).

Heavenly Father, I am understanding more of the culture of consumerism and the great tendency for self preservation living in this current worldly system. In the workplace, I am being tempted daily to go along with its flow. I am also beginning to sense more dislike and displeasure towards me by people who have difficulty understanding the divine relationship between us. Father, may my heart remain pure and faith simple while facing the subtlety of such temptation and testing. May this affirmation that I am chosen out of the world to be with you sink into my spirit, and increase my desire to love you and walk closer with you. In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment