Tuesday 2 June 2015

God Provides In The Place Where His Altar Is

When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here am I." He said, "Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me." And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called the name of that place, "The LORD will provide"; as it is said to this day, "On the mount of the LORD it shall be provided." Genesis 22:9-14 (ESV).

Dear Heavenly Father, like Abraham I want to build an altar for you where in this meeting place, you shall provide me with all that I need. You shall empower me to love you, to serve you, to bless others and to be faithful to my holy calling. Oh Father, I know this altar I am building is an altar of obedience to walk with you, faithfulness to serve you, love to enjoy intimacy with you, and worship to express the fear of the Lord for who you are to me. I truly believe this altar in my heart is made possible by my Lord Jesus, whose altar at the place of Calvary about 2000 years ago, enabling me to receive every provision to live a life of love, faith and hope. Thank you Heavenly Father that my heart shall always be an altar unto you. In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment