Sunday 18 October 2015

May My Thought Life Glorify You

Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone. Matthew 15:17-20 ESV.

Dear Heavenly Father may my thought life glorify you so that every word brings life to the hearer.  May there be comfort, strength and joy that come out from my mouth. Help me to be aware of the subtlety of unhealthy thoughts dwelling in my mind that would defile my heart. Let me be quick to remove any thoughts of bitterness, unforgiveness, jealousy, envy and anger from my heart. Father, I ask for your divine peace to be my strength and guide in moment of weaknesses so that I would not have any spiritual lapses resulting in defilement in my spirit.  In Jesus' gracious name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment