Wednesday 17 February 2016

Do Not Be Choked By Distractions, Deceitfulness and Desires

And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. Mark 4:18-19 ESV.

Dear Heavenly Father I need to be reminded and be careful to take note of these three things as I walk in your love and experience your peace daily. For the cares of the world, may I not be overcome by daily wants and needs, however basic they are, for you know what is best for me all the times. May I not be pressured to gain success and recognition in ways that would sin against you.  Also, I need to be aware of the temptation to seek worldly pleasures that are temporal, thus losing sight of what would truly count for eternity. May I grow and produce fruits that matter to Christ.  Thank you Father for today's spiritual food. Increase in me the hunger for intimacy with you while living in this world of faceless communication and self-centered living. In Jesus' blessed name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment