Saturday 17 November 2018

IT HAS TO BE GOD!

The Lord Shall Lift You Up!

The LORD upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down.  - Psalm 145:14 ESV

In two hospitals for 43 days while undergoing treatment for chemotherapy and stem cells transplant for acute myeloid leukemia, my life was like dangling between the living and the dead. Given only three to six months to live without immediate treatment, death seemed  imminent. 

Gripped by fear and I asked, “Am I going to die?” and “Do I still believe and cling on to Jesus?”.  These were some questions flooded my mind constantly as I saw my body deteriorated. 

Where is the grace of God when one  is going through pain and suffering, fear and anxiety, as well as sadness and helplessness? 

One day, He said to me while still in hospital, “I will never leave you nor forsake you”. (Hebrews 13:5-6). I believed. I did take His Word as His voice of assurance and promise to me.

Then during the recovery process, I reflected on the grace of God.  I was awed by this spiritual insight that grace is His very nature and lovingkindness is an expression of His character toward His beloved children.

Yes, Jesus will lift us up not once but again and again as we cling on and trust Him to experience for ourselves His sufficient grace. Let’s keep journeying with Jesus in both good and difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment