Friday 23 November 2018

Nothing Is Impossible For God!

One day my urologist said to me, “Mr Png, you don’t have to see me anymore.” I looked at him and blurted out, “Why doctor?”.  His reply was swift and he said to me, matter-of-factly, “I cannot help you. I have run out of idea on how to treat your urinating problem.”

Few weeks ago, my hamaetologist had referred me to see him after hearing that I had to keep going to the toilet to pee almost on an hourly basis every night and it went on for many weeks in a row. In addition, I had diarrhoea about three to five times during the day.  She knew I was feeling tired in the day and exhausted at night. Those two rare side effects occurred because my body had been consuming eleven types of medication and two supplements upon completion of the stem cells transplant.

After leaving the urologist’s office, I remembered something happened to me that morning. Then out of the blue, I heard these words, not audibly though, “When doctors cannot do anything, I can do something.” I turned around but saw no one was behind me.  A strange calmness quietly set in. Immediately I felt as if God was assuring me that everything was going to turn out alright, and He was always in control.

The peeing frequency continued. However i felt my strength was renewed and mind refreshed. Physcial and mental functioning improved. Soon weeks and months passed, and eventually the hourly night urination ceased. So was my diarrhoea.

But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26 ESV

Truly it is only God who knows exactly when we need a tangible touch from Him whenever we are left helpless and hopeless!

By Robin Png
_- A two-time cancer survivor_

No comments:

Post a Comment