Thursday 5 January 2017

Are You Completely Cleansed?

"How can all my sins be cleansed and forgiven by God?" asked an 81-year-old auntie matter-of-factly. I had struck a conversation with her on the love of God in a bus ride this week. Though ignorant, as the conversation progressed, her facial expression betrayed a deep longing for an answer to a complete removal of guilt and condemnation which she has been carrying for more than eight decades! As soon as she completed her last sentence, she bid me goodbye and alighted the bus. She left me bewildered and also feeling a tinge of sadness. What came to my mind next was "What if she were to die today at 81 without her sins cleansed and forgiven?" This uneasy encounter led me once again to remember the many guilt-ridden souls whose sins are awaiting the cleansing power of Christ's blood to be completely wipe away.

I John 1:9 ESV "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment